You were happy after upgrading your Apple device’s iOS, but what is happening with your iPhone/Mac. Sometimes, message sending is failed or other times, it disappears. Follow the steps to give below and fix the iMessage issues after updates one by one.
Resolve the iMessage issues after updates:
Once you were chatting with your friend and suddenly iMessage stops, it neither sending messages nor receiving. You might have updated your iOS from old version to the new version. And now facing iMessage issues after updates.
1. Turn off & on iMessage
This is the most simple way to sort out the issues. It may work in case your iPhone has no other technical problems.
- Move towards the “Settings” from your home screen.
- Here, many options are available, tap on “Messages”.
- Scroll down to “iMessage” and tap it to turn off for a short span of time and again turn it on.
Now, after doing all the steps, send any message to your friend to check whether it works or not. If you are still unable to send/receive messages, then move to the next solution.
2. Restart your device:
After successfully updating, you must get a pop-up message to restart your device. But unfortunately, you might forget. This one can be another reason behind iMessage issues after updates.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Later on, you will get an option, ” Slide to power off”.
- Release the power button and drag the slider to the right and wait.
- When your iPhone is successfully off, after 1 minute, again hold and press power button until it get on.
Now check your iMessage by sending a random message to your friend. This was the second solution and now even it won’t work too. We have two more solutions.
3. Reset network settings on your iPhone:
It may happen that when you were updating your device, a new change could affect the settings. Check it out and fix the iMessage issues after updates.
- Move to “Settings” and then tap on “General”, then click on “Reset” menu.
- A list will appear, tap on “Reset Network Settings”. Then enter the correct passcode for your iPhone.
- Now again tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
After confirmation, Your device will reboot automatically, wait until it gets over and then set your iPhone data or WiFi. You will start getting messages. Again, if this won’t make any difference, see the last solution.
4. Delete old conversations:
This would be a last option to fix the trouble of iMessage issues after updates.
- Open the conversation and select all the bubbles.
- Then tap on “More”.
- You will see a Trash icon, tap it.
- Tap the “Delete Messages”.
- If you wish to delete all the conversation, then tap “Delete All” present in the upper left corner.
- Go back to home and refresh the device.
So, you have done the all steps and again open the iMessage and check whatever it works or not. After doing all the steps, if you still trap in the same situation. Then contact your Apple center, they will definitely help you.
I guess, you guys get the solution and even fix the iMessage issues after updates with the above mentioned steps. Among the all given solutions, at least one would work on solving the trouble of your iMessage. Thank you and keep updating yourself by visiting our site.